Seguimos con el condicional. Turno para el tercer tipo de condicional.
El tercer condicional se usa cuando nos queremos referir a una situación hipotética del pasado, pero que no se ha cumplido ni se puede cumplir. Y se forma con la siguiente estructura:
If + Past perfect + , + Would (también se puede usar un verbo modal en vez de Would) have + past perfect.
Veamos unos ejemplos porque puede resultar confuso:
- If I had won the lottery, I would have travelled around the world.
- If you had studied harder, you would have passed the exam.
- If I had drunk beer, I would have drunk wine.
- If I had seen her at the meeting, I could have asked her.
- If they had paid more attention in class, they would have understood the lesson.
- If we had taken a taxi, we would not have missed the plane.