Finiquitando con el tema animal, a continuación vamos a ver una serie de frases, expresiones y más vocabulario que suelen usarse cuando nos queremos referir a este campo tan especial y que me gusta tanto (y como echo de menos a mi perrita).
- Animal behaviorist – Adiestrador de animals
I went to see an animal behaviourist to fix my dog’s bad attitude.
- Animal kingdom/world – Reino / mundo animal
Darwin studied the animal kingdom.
- Animal protection charity – Organización benéfica para la protección de los animales
That animal protection charity is raising money for abandoned dogs.
- Breed animal – Variedad animal
There is a huge breed animal in the Chicago’s zoo.
- Cat flap – Portezuela para que el gato entre y salga de casa
Our cat can come in and out of the house through a cat flap.
- Four-legged – Objeto o animal de cuatro patas
A dog is a four-legged mammal.
- Four-legged friend – Amigo de cuatro patas
We usually call our pets four-legged friends.
- Guide dog – Perro guía
My dad is blind that is why he needs a guide dog.
- Household pet – Animal de compañía
Because of the age of my grandma she needs a household pet.
- Husbandry animal – Animal dedicado a la agricultura
The chinese oxes are used as husbandry animals.
- Lapdog – Perro faldero
I can’t stop laughing when I see that lapdog.
- Pet-care book – Libro sobre el cuidado de los perros
I have bought an interesting pet-care book.
- Pet dog – Perro de compañía
Everybody should have a pet dog during their childhood.
- Pet owner – Propietario/dueño de mascotas
You should love your pet if you want to be a good pet owner.
- Pet questionnaire – Cuestionario sobre animales
You can fill out a Pet Questionnaire at this pet shop.
- Pet shop – Tienda de mascotas
Pet food – Comida de mascotas
Yesterday I bought pet food in a pet shop.
- Self-confident – Seguro de uno mismo
I wish I was like George, he’s so self-confident.
- Slaughter house – Matadero
I got sick when we visited a slaughter house in Texas.
- Stray dog – Perro callejero
I like to feed every single stray dog that I see on the street.
- Behavioural problems – Problemas de comportamiento
Most owners should be trained to deal with the behavioural problems of their pets.
- Barking noise – Ladrido
My dog William made such a loud barking noise that my neighbor reported me.
- Bright dogs – Perros inteligentes
I’d had Dobermans before and I know they’re very bright dogs.
- Dirty animal – Animal sucio
Pigs are the dirtiest animal I’ve ever seen.
- Dumb animal –Animal bobo
Felix’s dog is a pretty dumb animal.
- Furry rabbit –Conejito de peluche
A furry rabbit would be suitable for the little girl.
- Huge animal – Animal enorme
Great Danish are very huge (animals).
- Lemon essence – Esencia de limón
Dogs don’t like the smell of lemon essence
- Long-term commitment – Compromiso a largo plazo
Keeping a pet is a long-term commitment, which many people don’t realise.
- Lousy animal – Animal pijoso
Homeless dogs are very lousy animals.
- Pain-relieving electrical device – Chip para aliviar el dolor
My dog was given a pain-relieving electrical device that he wears when he eats.
- Reputable breeder – Criador (de animales) serio/acreditado/de confianza
I got my dog as a puppy from a reputable breeder.
- Scaly-backed animal – Animal con el lomo cubierto de escamas
Snakes are scaly-backed animals.
- Sharp-tongued – Lengua mordaz
He hurt me with his sharp-tongued while everybody was laughing at me.
- Slimy animal – Animal baboso
Bull dogs are very slimy (animals).
- Claw the furniture – Arañar los muebles
My last cat clawed the furniture all day.
- Go red – Ponerse rojo
I spent the whole time going red in the face and apologizing to people.
- Run a campaign – Presentar una campaña
GreenPeace is running a poster campaign saying: A dog is for life.
- Unlock the cages – Abrir las jaulas (que están cerradas con llave)
In zoos I always have this urge to unlock the cages of the animals.
- Bark at (something) – Ladrar a
My dog is always barking at objects like post-boxes.
- Be kind to something / somebody – ser amable con
I hope the little boy would be kind to the new white mouse.
- Be receptive to something – ser receptivo a
Dogs are the most receptive to animal therapy.
- Claw at something / somebody– Arañar
The cat clawed at the rope, trying to free himself.
- Eat fairly – Comer lo suficiente
I think my fishes are sick, they don’t eat fairly.
- Hard-earned – Ganado con el sudor de la frente
Many people spend their hard-earned money on psychologists.
- Painfully thin – Tan delgado que da pena
The dog I picked up from the street was so painfully thin that I thought he wouldn’t
- Tremendously hard – Tremendamente duro/a
Our pet’s training took over two years of tremendously hard work.