- Average person – Persona normal/corriente
An average person doesn’t wear preppy clothes.
- Baggy trousers – Pantalones anchos (pantalones “cagaos”)
I love to wear baggy trousers.
- Beautiful purple dress – Bonito vestido lila
She went to the marriage with her beautiful purple dress.
- Bright colours – Colores brillantes
I like to wear bright colours because I am a happy person.
- Casual look – Imagen casual
A lot of people have a casual look nowadays.
- Curly hair – Pelo rizado
She’s got curly hair like her mother.
- Dresing trousers – Pantalones de diseño
I’ve just bought a dresing trousers.
- Famous designer – Diseñador famoso
I met a very famous designer when I went to Paris.
- French manicure – Manicura francesa
Marge knows how to make the french manicure.
- Good taste – Buen gusto
I’ve got good taste and I rarely make a mistake when I buy clothes.
- Hair gold – Pelo rubio
He changes his look everytime. He’s hair gold hair now.
- Hair straight – Pelo liso
When she goes to the hairdresser, she always got her hair straight.
- Hazel long hair – Melena castaña
I like girls with hazel long hair.
- High Prices – Precios altos
Those labels mark high prices.
- Huarachi sandals – Sandalias surferas
In California they wear huarachi sandals
- Knee-length boots – Botas altas (por la rodilla)
I wear knee-length boots in winter.
- Nice tips – Buenos consejos
I read a nice tips of beauty in the magazine.
- Old-fashion – Pasado de moda
Clothes may be old-fashion, but style is never old-fashion.
- Pink and purple tie – Corbata rosa y lila
I’ve seen a pink and purple tie. I will buy it!
- Platinum blonde hair – Rubio platino
Have you seen her new look? Now she’s platinum blonde hair.
- Posh designer – Diseñador pijo
He wants to be a posh designer in the future because he loves fashion clothes.
- Second-hand clothes – Ropa de segunda mano
Second-hand clothes can be really cheap.
- Skinny women – Mujeres delgadas (anoréxicas)
Clothes are made for skinny women.
- Slim women – Mujeres delgadas (pero con formas en el cuerpo).
They are top-models. They are a slim women really.
- Smarter clothes – Ropa elegante
On Christmas I wear smarter clothes than usual.
- The latest fashion – La última moda.
I try to keep up with the latest fashion.
- Unisex pieces/clothing – Prendas/ropa unisex
Designers started doing unisex pieces some years ago.
- Bathing wrap – Albornoz
He got two bathing wraps at home.
- Brand-name – De marca
He’s just lost his brand-name jacket.
- Dress code – Normas para vestir
School got a dress code to wear, so you have to wear a uniform.
- Dress designer – Diseñador de ropa
The dress designer weaved weird clothes.
- Dress parade – Desfile de moda
Last night I was invited to a great dress parade of the best designers in all over the world.
- Dress uniform – Uniforme de gala
Have you bought a dress uniform?
- Dressing-room – Vestidor
At home, I’ve got a great dressing-room where i keep all my clothes.
- Fashion-conscious – Pendiente de la moda
I’m the least fashion-conscious person I know.
- Fashion industry – Industria de la moda
The fashion industry is not really important in our country.
- Fashion house – Casa de modas
Fashion houses design their clothes for young men and women.
- Fashion model – Maniquí/modelo
Fashion models are extremely thin at present.
- Fashion parade . Desfile de moda
Cibeles is a cool fashion parade actually.
- Fashion show – Desfile
Not many people can afford to pay the dresses that are shown in fashion shows.
- Gender role – Estereotipo sexual
Gender roles in today’s society are defined less strictly than they were.
- Jewellery Shop – Joyería
Last night a jewellery shop was burgled opposite my house.
- Linen shop – Tienda de lencería
My sister started being employed at a linen shop in Barcelona last week.
- Menswear shop – Tienda de ropa de hombre
I work at new menswear shop.
- Range of styles – Variedad de estilos
In our class there is a big range of styles.
- Suit man – Hombre de traje
I’m not a suit man. I like my clothes to look casual.
- The world’s catwalks – Las pasarelas del mundo
The world’s catwalks are getting bigger and bigger.
- Wedding gown -Vestido de novia
Kate wore a great wedding gown at her marriage. I really liked it.
- Bear down on – Ser pesado
Models are beared down on at Cibeles’ fashion week.
- Change back – Devolver
I will not use it, so I canged it back.
- Dress up – Disfrazarse
We’re going to dress up in Halloween.
- Take off – Quitarse (la ropa)
I’m going to take my pants off, I have to wash them.
- Make up – Maquillar
Her look seems much prettier when she makes up her face.
- Try on – Probarse (ropa)
When I go shopping I always try on clothes.
- Pay back – Reembolsar, devolver dinero
My t-shirt was faulty, so i went back to the shop and they pay me back.
- Put on – Ponerse
I’ve just put on the new sweater.
- Badly made – Mal hecho/fabricado (defectuoso).
His jacket was badly made, so he had to changed back to the shop.
- Elegantly dressed – Elegantemente vestido/a
She went to the show elegantly dressed.
- More desirable – Más atractivo/a
Lisa is more desirable than Marta, however, Marta looks cuter.
- Save up – Ahorrar.
When I want to buy new clothes I have to save up for months.
- Cut down on – Reducir.
My mum thinks I should cut down on what I spend.
- Dress up – Arreglarse.
I always dress up when I go clubbing.
- Keep up – Estar al día en algo.
Honestly, I can’t keep up with my friends because they are very fashionable.
- Stand out – Destacar/ser visto claramente.
Last night I wore bright colours, so I stood out on the dance floor.
- Slip on – Ponerse algo de ropa rápidamente.
As I was late back from work, I quickly slipped on a dress.
- Put together – Combinar.
My friend Victoria put together the most outrageous outfit when we go out at night.
- Take back – Devolver.
I took a jacket back last week because it was badly tailored.
- Go out – Salir a divertirse.
Last Thursday we went out clubbing because it was my birthday.